Guys, we know we’ve been a little MIA recently, and we apologize for that. But fundamentally, there hasn’t been that much exciting stuff in pop culture for us to be talking about. Yesterday, ALL OF THAT CHANGED.
Yes, indeed–Taylor Swift’s fourth album, Red, was officially released yesterday, and we’ve been listening to it ever since. Look, we know you have too. And honestly, we’ve been enjoying it a lot! It’s been entirely too long since we had some new T-Swizzle, and Red on the whole is pretty great.
BUT THEN! Today, she went even further in our excitement and released a new video. We didn’t even cover her video for “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” because we hated it so much, so we’re glad to have something we can actually talk about. Tay-Tay released the video for “Begin Again,” a very pretty song about starting over in a new relationship. In the video she wanders around Paris in a lot of pretty outfits looking sad for most of it. Here, watch:
- Sorry, the image of Taylor biking in that skirt is really hilarious to us for some reason. Right? Not that anything about it is wrong in any way, it is just hilariously pretentious.
- Unsurprisingly, Tay-Tay drinks an espresso shot more slowly than anyone ever.
- Do we think those are her actual sketches at 1:09? Because they’re pretty impressive.
- Okay, the new guy is very cute in general, but what is up with his hair??? We are not on board with that amount of gel. Gentlemen, take note: it’s not cute.
- Love that purple dress. Its sole purpose seems to be to look pretty (not really sure what she’s doing sitting on that ledge in general) but it is EXCELLING at that.
- We would probably not get involved with a guy whose version of a pick-up line is taking our picture. It’s a personal choice and not one we’re judging Taylor for, but this clearly would not work for everyone. We would move away slowly. Maybe it’s different in France?
- What is with the tart interlude? Does she leave the guy and go to a different cafe? So confused.
- Can we talk about how much more age-appropriate this guy is for Taylor than the 18-year-old Kennedy she’s dating? Too soon?
Anyway, overall we really enjoyed “Begin Again.” Though it is admittedly a little overwrought and… well… Taylor-y, it is in the right direction, which is away from “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” and people dressed like animals. Stick with angst and cafes, Taylor–you never go wrong there.
- Pick Up Lines…From Taylor Swift (theminorproject.wordpress.com)
- Taylor Swift Finds Love With A Hot Guy In Her ‘Begin Again’ Video (hollywoodlife.com)